ABRASIVE WHEELS TRAINING
Abrasive Wheels Training
This half day course is designed for anyone who is involved in the mounting or inspection of abrasive wheels.
The abrasive wheels training course will provide delegates with the practical skills and knowledge needed to mount, dress, set and use abrasive wheels safely, in compliance with The current Provision and use of work equipment regulations 1998 PUWER 98. An approved supplier certificate will be issued on completion.
- The requirements of The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 with respect to abrasive wheels regulations.
- Literature relating to the mounting of abrasive wheels.
- Precautions that should be observed and understanding of how hazards arise from the use of abrasive wheels.
- Making abrasive wheels as to type and speed.
- Strong handling and transporting abrasive wheels including flanges, washes, bushes and nuts used in mounting. Including knowledge of the correct and incorrect methods of assembling all components.
Key Learning Objectives:
The Abrasive Wheels training course is designed to make the candidates confident and proficient in safely mounting and inspecting abrasive wheels.
Instruction in both theory and practical sessions.
Personal Protective Equipment Required:
- An approved supplier certificate will be issued on completion.